Nanjing Government Scholarship of International Students was established by Nanjing Municipal Government in 2013 to attract and encourage outstanding international students to conduct studies and research at universities in Nanjing.
I Conditions of Scholarship
Undergraduate student: CNY 10,000 per academic year (will also be awarded CNY 5,000 per academic year of NUIST scholarship);
Graduate student: CNY 20,000 per academic year.
II Criteria and Eligibility
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health and friendly to China.
2. Applicants must abide by the laws and decrees of the Chinese government and meet the requirements of admission to NUIST.
3. Applicants for undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with a good academic performance and be under the age of 28. Applicants for the master's degree program must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants for non-degree program must have a bachelor’s degree or above and apply to study at NUIST for six months or above.
5. Applicants must have a good learning attitude and a good academic record. No violation of school rules and regulations.
6. Applicants cannot be recipients of other scholarships offered by Chinese government, local governments or other organizations simultaneously.
7. Applicants who have obtained HSK certificate or other certificate for Chinese language proficiency or Chinese language study can enjoy the priority of this scholarship. Special considerations are allowed for applicants who apply for English-medium programs.
III Application Time
March 1 to June 30 every year.
Students who enjoy the first year scholarship can be granted the scholarship for the next academic year if he or she passes annual review of current academic year.
IV Application Documents
1. Application Form of Nanjing Government Scholarship filled in English or in Chinese. The form is available in the “Download for Admission” of the column “Admission” at the website.
2. Highest diploma / degree certificate (notarized photocopy). High school students or university students shall also provide Certificate of Enrollment from the school or the university they are studying in. A Certificate of Employment is required if the applicant is currently working. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal.
5. Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors of the university where the applicants graduated from. .
6. The HSK certificate or other Chinese study or proficiency certificate shall be provided if available.
7. Valid documents of legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18).
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy).The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
9. Applicants for doctoral programs must submit an acceptance letter signed by doctoral supervisor from NUIST.
10. The copy of TOEFL or IELTS Certificate (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries who apply for English-taught programs).
11. Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
12. A Bank Statement with the deposit amount of no less than the total amount of tuition, dormitory and living expenses at NUIST. It shall be in the name of applicant himself/herself, mother, father, or other guardians.
13. Other supporting materials (if available, such as certificates of awards and training, etc.).
NUIST will organize annual review for scholarship students at the end of each academic year. Students who pass the annual review can continue to enjoy the scholarship. For those who fail to pass the annual review, the scholarship will be canceled.
No application documents will be returned.
V Application Method
Applicants shall log onto NUIST Online Application System for International Students (http://nuist.17gz.org/member/login.do), register an applicant account, fill in personal information and upload required application documents. Please select the program of “Nanjing Government Scholarship” .
VI Scholarship Confirmation
1. NUIST will review application documents and admit qualified applicants. Scholarship recipients will be informed by NUIST via email to pay the application fee, and the payment details are available at https://gjy.nuist.edu.cn/english/FeeswPayment/list.htm.
2. NUIST will send the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China) to scholarship recipients before July 1.
3. Scholarship recipients shall not change their field of study or duration of study unless they give up the grant. Tuition fees must be paid at the time of registration ( Please refer to https://gjy.nuist.edu.cn/english/FeeswPayment/list.htm for more details on tuition fees) and scholarship awards (Undergraduate student: CNY 15,000 per academic year; Graduate student: CNY 20,000 per academic year) will be paid within one academic year.
4. Scholarship recipients shall attend the annual review according to NUIST’s Measures on Annual Review of Government Scholarships.
5. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipients cannot register before the registration deadline.
Admission Office, College of International Students
Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, CHINA
Address: 219 Ningliu Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, P.R.C., 210044