For the purpose of cultivating qualified Chinese language teachers and facilitating the promotion of Chinese language and culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) launches “Confucius Institute Scholarship” (CIS) to support outstanding students, scholars and currently employed Chinese language teachers recommended by Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms as well as some HSK test centers (hereinafter to be collectively referred to as “recommending institutions”) to study in Chinese universities and colleges (hereinafter referred to as “host institutions”).
As one of the host institutions, Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST) welcomes students from all over the world to apply for this scholarship.
All applicants shall be
1. Non-Chinese citizens
2. In good Physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally
3. Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language.
4. Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2019. Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45.
· SCHOLARSHIP COVERAGE
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (four-week study students are excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. The monthly allowance for one-academic-year study students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person. For more details of Confucius Institute Scholarship Coverage and Criteria, please visit http://cis.chinese.cn/.
· SCHOLARSHIP TYPES AND QUALIFICATIONS
A. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
Commences September 2019, and provides scholarship for maximum 11 months. International students currently studying in China are not eligible.
1. TCSOL (Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages)
Applicants shall have a minimum score of 270 in HSK test (Level 3), while HSKK test score required.
2. Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy
Applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 in HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK test (intermediate level).
3. Chinese Language Study
Applicants shall have a minimum score of 210 in HSK test (Level 3 level).
B. Scholarship for One-Semester Study
TCSOL, Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History and Chinese Philosophy
Commences either in September 2019 or March 2020, and provides scholarship of maximum 5 months. Applicants withholding visas X1 or X2 are not eligible. Applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 in HSK test (Level 3), while HSKK test score required
C. Scholarship for Four-Week Study
Commences either in July or December of 2019, and provides a four-week scholarship. Applicants withholding visas X1 or X2 are not eligible.
1. Chinese Language plus home-stay Experience in a Chinese Family
HSK test score are required. Organized and applied by a Confucius Institute with 10-15 participants per group. Prior to the trip, a detailed study plan shall be made after consultation with host institutions and submit to Hanban for approval.
2. Special Four-week Program for Confucius Institutes
HSK test score are required. Organized and applied by a Confucius Institute with 10-15 participants per group.
· APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
1. A Scanned copy of passport photo page
2. A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within the two-year validity).
3. A Recommendation letter by the head of the recommending institutions
4. A certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript.
5. Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall provide the proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employing institution
6. Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy). The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months
8. Applicants shall also provide additional documents required by NUIST.
· APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Online registration will be available from March 1, 2019 on the Confucius Institute Scholarship website (cis.chinese.cn). Please log on to search recommending institutions and host institutions, upload application materials online, track the application progress, feedback of review and admission results. Scholarship holders need to confirm with the host institutions to go through the procedures of studying in China, print out CIS certificate online, and register at host institutions at the designated date and time as per the letter of admission.
The application deadlines are
1. April 20th (for Four-week study commencing in July)
2. May 20th (for One-Academic-Year or One-Semester Study commencing in September)
3. September 20th (for Four-week study commencing in December)
4. November 20th (for One-Semester Study commencing in March 2020)
Hanban will complete the scholarship review and notify the results three months before enrollment of the admitted students.
Those who failed to register on time, failed to pass the health assessment, dropped out midway and/or suspended will be deprived of scholarship.
· CHINESE BRIDGE AWARD RECIPIENT POLICIES
Chinese Bridge winners who have been awarded the 2019 “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate” shall log onto the scholarship website and submit documents to relevant host institutions upon presentation of their CIS certificates. Please contact email@example.com for inquiry.
Division of Test and Scholarships at Hanban
College of International Students
Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, CHINA
Address: 219 Ningliu Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, P.R.C.,210044.
Tel: 0086-25-58699848, 58731383