In order to encourage NUIST outstanding bachelor and master students who are going to graduate in June 2021 to pursue advanced studies, the following university postgraduate scholarship has been established:
I. Supporting Category and Majors
For bachelor and master students of NUIST (graduating upon June 2021), you can apply for this full scholarship for master and PhD studies.
1. Master's Degree Programs in English-medium (2-year)
Ø Applied Meteorology
Ø Computer Science and Technology
Ø Information and Communication Engineering
Ø Business Management
Ø Environmental Science and Engineering
2. Master's Degree Programs in Chinese-medium (3-year)
Please visit the website:
Note: The study duration of master program of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages is 2-year.
3. Doctoral Degree Programs (3-year or above)
Please visit the website:
Note: The teaching language can be English or Chinese.
4. Intake: September 2021
1. Obey Chinese laws, follow the university regulations and social morality and have good habits and polite manners.
2. The requirements for applicants’ age are that applicants must:
- be under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs.
- be under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
3. Be hard working; have outstanding academic performance; possess excellent professional knowledge and creative ability; CGPA is 3.0 or above and the academic result tops 40% among the fellow students of the same major. Applicants who have publications or have won awards in scientific research or study competitions will be given preference.
4. Be active in cultural, sports and public welfare activities; love collectives; care for others.
III. Application Procedures
1. Application Documents：
(1) Application Form of NUIST Postgraduate Scholarship for Outstanding Graduating Students (the form can be downloaded from http://gjy.nuist.edu.cn/english/DownloadforAdmission/list.htm);
(2) Student Certificate;
(3) Transcripts (including the 1st semester of 2020-2021 Academic Year);
(4) Study or research plan, no less than 800 words;
(5) Two recommendation letters from associate professors or professors;
(6) PhD student should submit an acceptance letter from NUIST PhD supervisor
(the acceptance letter form can be downloaded from
(7) For Chinese-medium majors, applicants should provide certification of HSK Band 4 180 score or above;
(8) Scan of passport and residence permit page;
(9) Other supporting documents such as published papers, award certificates or training certificates, etc.
2. Application Submission:
(1) Please access https://nuist.17gz.org/member/login.do, select “NUIST Excellent Freshman Scholarship”, fill in the application information and upload the above application documents No. (2)-(9) in the online application system.
(2) Submit the hard copy of Application Form of NUIST Postgraduate Scholarship for Outstanding Graduating Students to Ms. Candy, Room S214 Admission Office of College of International Students.
(3) Application deadline: March 31, 2021
1. Applicants for doctoral program of Management Science and Engineering shall attend an exam organized by the School of Management Science and Engineering of NUIST.
2. Scholarship recipients shall not change the major and university. If the students needs to extend the study period, the fees during the extended period shall be paid by himself or herself.
3. Scholarship recipients shall attend the Annual Review organized by NUIST. If students fail to pass the Annual Review, the scholarship will be canceled.
If applicants have any questions, please consult Ms. Candy via email: firstname.lastname@example.org