Jiangsu Provincial Government has set up the Jiangsu Government Scholarship for international students in order to promote the development of higher education of International students in Jiangsu, to further improve the profile of Jiangsu Education to the world, to highlight the brand of Study in Jiangsu and to make Jiangsu a preferred province for international students to study in. This scholarship will be provided to those excellent overseas students or scholars to undertake full time study in universities and colleges of Jiangsu. It will also include those non-degree program students and exchange students in accordance with educational exchange agreements and MOUs between the Jiangsu Provincial Government and the governments of other states, institutions, universities and international organizations.
I Categories of Applicants
Excellent foreign students who wish to undertake full time study in universities and colleges in Jiangsu Province.
II Criteria and Eligibility
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
Applicants for undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with a good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
Applicants for the master's degree program must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35.
Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
3. Applicants must agree to obey the relevant laws of the PRC and meet the admission requirements of the host universities or colleges.
4. Applicants must have a good academic record.
5. Applicants cannot be recipients of other scholarships offered by Chinese government, local governments or other organizations simultaneously.
III Conditions of Scholarship
Full Scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and living allowance (Undergraduate student: CNY 1,200 per month; Master student/general scholar: CNY 2,000 per month; Doctoral student/senior scholar: CNY 2,500 per month).
IV Application Procedures
1. Log on to the Study in Jiangsu website (http://www.studyinjiangsu.org).
2. Register an individual account.
3. Complete the Application Form online, and upload e-copies of relevant original documents.
4. Print the Application Form, sign it.
5. Application Deadline: May 31, 2020.
V Application Documents
1. Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
2. Highest diploma / degree certificate (notarized photocopy). High school students or university students shall also provide Certificate of Enrollment from the school or the university they are studying in. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors with contact details of referees.
5. Other relevant documents required by Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST) include:
(1) A Study Plan or Research Proposal.
This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, and 800 words for graduate students.
(2) Valid Documents of Your Legal Guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18).
(3) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy).
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
(4) Applicants for doctoral programs must submit an acceptance letter signed by doctoral supervisor from NUIST.
(5) The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available).
(6) The copy of TOEFL or IELTS Certificate (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries who apply for English-taught programs).
(7) Other supporting materials (if available, such as certificates of awards and training, etc.).
The Office of Jiangsu Government Scholarship Management Team
Tel: +86 25 83335998, 83335332 (Monday to Friday 10:00am--5:00pm)
Fax: +86 25 83335521
Admission Office, College of International Students
Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology, CHINA
Mr. Zhong Xia (Jeremy)
Tel: +86-25-58731383, 58699848