Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program
(2020 Oct. Intake)
Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST) will enroll 8 full-time postgraduates of Atmospheric Science for 2020/2021 Academic Year Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program.
Supporting Majors,Duration and Instruction Language
1. PhD programs：
Climate System and Climate Change, Applied Meteorology, Atmospheric Remote Sensing & Atmospheric Sounding
Supporting Duration: 3 academic years
Instruction Language: English
2. Master Programs: Applied Meteorology.
Supporting Duration：2 academic years
Instruction Language: English
It provides a full scholarship which covers tuition, accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living allowance.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country in Africa, has good medical health, abide by the laws and decrees of the Chinese government and observe the rules and regulations of NUIST.
2. Applicants should satisfy all admission requirements of NUIST. Have bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and above with excellent academic performance. Applicants applying for master’s programs should be no more than 35-year-old, and applicants applying for PhD programs should be no more than 40-year-old.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
2. Notarized highest diploma.
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Notarized Academic transcripts.
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal.
This should be a minimum of 800 words.
5. Two Recommendation Letters.
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
6. Applicants for doctoral programs must submit an acceptance form signed by doctoral supervisor from NUIST. The form can be downloaded from:
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy, valid for 6 months） (written in English, can be downloaded from
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
8. The copy of passport photo page.
9. Attestation of No-criminal records.
10. The copy of TOEFL (80 or above) or IELTS (6.0 or above) Certificate (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries).
11. Other supporting materials (such as published papers, job certificate, certificates of awards and trainings, etc.).
1. Please visit the online application system of Chinese Scholarship Council at http://www.campuschina.org, and enter “Scholarship Application for Students”. Register for an account, fill in all the required information, and an application form will come into being. Print out the form. To complete the form successfully, please note the following information:
(1) Please choose Program Category Type B when you start the online application.
(2) The Agency No. of Nanjing University of Information Science &Technologyis 10300.
2. Complete the online application procedure at NUIST Online Application System (Visit http://nuist.17gz.org/member/login.do ). Please choose Chinese Government Scholarship.
3. Application deadline: June 14，2020.
1. University will review the application documents and decide the nominated candidates and contacted the candidates to confirm their pre-admission.
2. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarship to study in China if approved by the CSC.
3. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
4. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
5. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipients cannot register before the registration deadline.
6. Scholarship recipients shall attend the Annual Review in each academic year. Scholarship shall be suspended or deprived if students fail to pass the Annual Review.
Admission Office, College of International Students
Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology, CHINA
Address: 219 Ningliu Road, Nanjing,Jiangsu Province, P.R.C., 210044