Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST) will enroll 7 full-time postgraduates for 2019/2020 Academic Year Chinese Government Scholarship-DFH Program.
I. Supporting Majors, Duration and Instruction Language
1. PhD programs：https://gjy.nuist.edu.cn/english/PhwDPrograms/list.htm
Supporting Duration: 3 academic years
Instruction Language: English or Chinese
2. English-medium Master Programs: Environmental Science and Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Business Management, Finance
Supporting Duration：2 academic years
3. Chinese-medium Master Programs:https://gjy.nuist.edu.cn/3798/list.htm
Supporting Duration: 3 academic years
II. Scholarship Coverage
It provides a full scholarship which covers tuition, accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living allowance.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, has good medical health, abide by the laws and decrees of the Chinese government and observe the rules and regulations of NUIST. The program does not enroll students who are in China.
2. Applicants should satisfy all admission requirements of NUIST. Have bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and above with excellent academic performance. Applicants applying for master’s programs should be no more than 40-year-old, and applicants applying for bachelor’s programs should be no more than 40-year-old.
IV. Application Documents
1. Application Form for Foreign Students to NUIST, Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (forms should be personally signed by candidates).
2. Notarized highest diploma.
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Notarized Academic transcripts.
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal.
This should be a minimum of 800 words.
5. Two Recommendation Letters.
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
6. Applicants for doctoral programs must submit an acceptance form signed by doctoral supervisor from NUIST. The form can be downloaded from:
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy, within 6 months）(written in English, can be downloaded from
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
8. The copy of passport photo page.
9. Attestation of No-criminal records.
10. The copy of TOEFL (80 or above) or IELTS (6.0 or above) Certificate (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries who apply for English-taught programs).
11. HSK 5 or above Certificate for applicants who apply for Chinese-taught programs.
12. Other supporting materials (such as published papers, job certificate, certificates of awards and trainings, etc.).
V. Application Procedure
1. Please visit the online application system of Chinese Scholarship Council at http://www.campuschina.org, and enter “Scholarship Application for Students”. Register for an account, fill in all the required information, and an application form will come into being. Print out the form, sign and date, and post a photo on it. To complete the form successfully, please note the following information:
(1) Please choose Program Category Type B when you start the online application.
(2) The Agency No. of Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology is 10300.
2. Apply via NUIST website https://nuist.17gz.org/member/login.do, print out application form and sign.
3. Both application forms should be submitted together with the above listed application documents (2 hard copies each) by posting to College of International Students, NUIST.
4. Application deadline: April 15.
VI． Scholarship Confirmation
1. University will review the application documents and decide the nominated candidates and contacted the candidates to confirm their pre-admission.
2. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarship to study in China if approved by the CSC.
3. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
4. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
5. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipients cannot register before the registration deadline.
6.Scholarship recipients shall attend the Annual Review in each academic year. Scholarship shall be suspended or deprived if students fail to pass the Annual Review.
VII. Contact Information of NUIST
Admission Office, College of International Students
Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology, CHINA
Address: 219 Ningliu Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, P.R.C., 210044
Website: www.nuist.edu.cn; gjy.nuist.edu.cn