NUIST Scholarship of Wuxi Campus was established by Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology to attract and encourage outstanding international students to conduct studies and research at our Wuxi Campus.
I. Scholarship Coverage
Undergraduate student: tuition waiver.
Major: International Economy and Trade, Computer Science and Technology, Electronic Information Engineering. Teaching Language: English.
Scholarship recipients shall attend the Annual Review in each academic year. Scholarship shall be suspended or deprived if students fail to pass the Annual Review.
II Criteria and Eligibility
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health and friendly to China.
2. Applicants must abide by the laws and decrees of the Chinese government and meet the requirements of admission to NUIST.
3. Applicants for undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with a good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
4. Applicants must have a good learning attitude and a good academic record. No violation of school rules and regulations. The high school average test scores must be no less than 75 out of 100.
5. Applicants cannot be recipients of other scholarships.
III Application Procedures
1. Log onto NUIST Online Application System for International Students (http://nuist.17gz.org/member/login.do). Complete the Application Form online, and upload e-copies of relevant original documents.
2. Please select the program of “NUIST Excellent Freshmen Scholarship”, select the major of “International Economy and Trade (Wuxi Campus), Computer Science and Technology (Wuxi Campus), Electronic Information Engineering (Wuxi Campus)” .
3. Application Deadline: June 30, 2019.
IV Application Documents
1. Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
2. Highest diploma / degree certificate. Prospective degree recipients shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date and later submit the degree certificate to NUIST after admission. A Certificate of Employment is required if the applicant is currently working. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A Study Plan in English.
5. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy). The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
The examination form can be downloaded from:
6. The copy of English proficiency certificate, such as TOEFL 80 or above/ IELTS 6 or above (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries).
7. Valid documents of legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 18).
8. A Bank Statement with the deposit amount of no less than the total amount of dormitory and living expenses at NUIST. It shall be in the name of applicant himself/herself, mother, father, or other guardians.
9. Other supporting materials (if available, such as certificates of awards and training, etc.).
V Scholarship Confirmation
1. NUIST will review application documents and admit outstanding applicants. Applicants shall enter the online application system to check the progress of application or admission. Scholarship recipients will be informed via the online application system to pay the application fee (500 CNY/person).
2. After the payment of application fee, NUIST will send the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China) to scholarship recipients.
3. Scholarship recipients shall not change their field of study or duration of study unless they give up the grant. The cost of extension of the study is at student's own expense.
4. Scholarship recipients shall attend the Annual Review of the university.
5. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipients cannot register before the registration deadline.
Ms. Summer (Wang Yang)
Admission Office, College of International Students, Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology, P. R. China